Is there a way to keep chemical-ridden, disposable diapers off of your baby without the hassle of cloth diapers?
If the idea of folding and safety pinning makes you cringe, never fear! The new wave of cloth diapers offers painless, eco-friendly options.
Cloth Diapering Has Come a Long Way…
Why this matters
- Keep chemicals like formaldehyde, petroleum and artificial fragrances off your baby’s bum.
- Keep over 6,000 – 8,000 disposable diapers out of the landfill.
- Save lots and lots of moola . . . about $2500 in fact!
On a personal note
I love thinking of the time I’ll save by not having to make any midnight diaper runs. But the whole notion of changing the baby is overwhelming – I must admit. Make sure to watch Part 2 of the Cloth Diapering to see if I give up and teach baby to go when we dangle him over the toilet (kidding – I wouldn’t do that. Or would I?).
Ready to try?
- Be sure to watch the episode to know what materials really go into your baby’s diapers, and get an overview of the different cloth diapering options.
- Not sure what kind you’ll want? Do a trial program. You’ll get to try out many types before investing in your “diaper stash” ($10 / trial).
- GroVia – our adorable cloth diapering system of choice due to design, great reviews, and top-of-the line certified organic materials ($17-30/ shell).
A Deeper Dig
Even though many mothers swear that without the plastic baggy barrier of disposable diapers their babies don’t have much diaper rash, having some great stuff on hand is never a bad call. We love The Honest Company Healing Balm because it’s paraben- and petroleum-free, certified organic, not tested on animals, and made in the USA.
Did You Know?
Disposable diapers are the third largest single consumer item in landfills, and represent about 4% of all solid waste?