What questions would you ask a seasoned backyard-chicken-raising pro?
Whether you’re on the fence or on the backyard-chicken raising wagon, chances are you’ve got questions that are probably covered in this Q&A episode.
Urban Chicken Keeping Fan Q&A
Why this Matters
- Avoid salmonella and other gross bugs that have been linked to store-bought eggs.
- Take support away from factory farms that have polluted about 35,000 miles of river water in the US.
- Get a source of nutritious protein in your own backyard!
On A Personal Note
I started my first flock in Bozeman, MT over seven years ago. Back then it made me part of the underground chicken-keepers club, but recently they changed the city ordinance to make keeping chicks perfectly legal.
Ready to try?
- Be sure to watch the episode to get the answers to a dozen chicken-raising queries.
- Get started here to check out your local laws about chicken-keeping.
- Go to mypetchicken.com to browse chicken supplies, coops and even breeds to choose from
A Deeper Dig
Check out Mad City Chickens, a documentary where you’ll get to see backyard chicken keeping in action.
Our Fresh Pick
Get this iChicken app $1.99 in the iTunes store for lots of information on chicken health, illustrated guides to chicken breeds, lots of fun-facts and updates from the latest Poultry Publications.
Did You Know?
Chickens can distinguish between more than 100 faces of their own species.